Massive Multiplayer Online games (MMOs)
- Users avail all the media capabilities in order to work for the same cause.
- A voluntary participation in an environment where the users involve constant communication and focus their personal motivation and objectives to a group common goal.
- lThese are part of a learning process as thinking, questioning, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Users play more hours to get experience in the game; social gratification is the reason among the online community and the real friends. Recognition & Status
- Recently video game systems as PlayStation 3 allows to go beyond the online game community with the connection between the social network Facebook account with the PlayStation Network account to share every PSN event in the social network site.
- Online games cause heterogeneity and tolerance among the users or players. Tetsuro Kobayashi (2010) examined the democratic potential of online games communities that are potential sources of bridging social capital because these communities tend to be more heterogeneous, generating a social tolerance toward community members in an online game setting.
- Personal network heterogeneity is the stronger predictor in the interpersonal social tolerance.
- People who has interpersonal connections with heterogeneous others, they are going to be more tolerant with people who they interact in daily interactions, respecting and identifying the difference in opinions, beliefs, and values.
- Evaluate openness of the members of the online community base on the Robert Putnam concept about social capital.
- Social capital is defined as the social networks, with a high value in social trust and the norms of respect and reciprocity in an active voluntary association where all the members are equal, so the social relationships makes things easier to share social norms among their members.
Online game communities are formed by sharing the same interest or preference for a particular game between the participants, which causes a homogeneity network where boundaries are less important than in a physical community
- Geography location
- Learn Basic English language in order to get the common meaning among the members of the online game community.
- Many games now are being adapted to for regions of languages over the world, but the regular interphase of the games are in English and generally the conversation between the users is guided in the same language.
- The multilingual environment in the VE or online communities motive and encourages to users learning other languages in order to expand their language skills and to socialize with other people from different counties.